Ranked in Tier 1 for Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence – The Legal 500 (2020)
Andrew Lewis QC continues to be noted by instructing defendant solicitors for his expertise in claims relating to fraud, particularly high-value fraud claims. He has led juniors in the Court of Appeal in cases involving credit hire and the use and value of expert engineering evidence.
“One of the best advocates around.” – The Legal 500 (2020)
“An absolutely superb barrister, he is tremendous with clients and never lets us down.” – Chambers and Partners (2015)
In his personal-injury practice, Andrew is very experienced in work involving competing claims of exaggeration/fraud versus subtle brain injury/chronic pain/somatoform disorder.
Andrew regularly lectures in his specialist fields of practice and has recently been invited to speak on judicial attitudes to fraud at the Insurance Fraud Investigators Group (IFIG)
“Andrew Lewis QC… is a first-class lawyer with great attention to detail and a wonderful way with clients.”
— Chambers and Partners (2013)
- “An outstanding silk for personal injury and clinical negligence matters.” – The Legal 500 (2019)
- “A highly accomplished and very friendly silk.” – The Legal 500 (2017)
- “A strong negotiator with excellent client-handling skills and courtroom abilities.” The Legal 500 (2016)
- “He is exceptionally good. A modern, user-friendly silk who is bright and capable” Chambers and Partners (2016)
- “He is extremely able advocate with a very attractive way of getting the judge’s attention” Chambers and Partners (2016)
- “An absolutely superb barrister, he is tremendous with clients and never lets us down.” Chambers and Partners (2015)
- “He is very competent. A fair and good advocate.” Chambers and Partners (2014)
- “Andrew Lewis QC…is a skilled and articulate advocate, with a very easy-going manner, and gets on very well with clients.” The Legal 500 (2013)
- “Andrew Lewis QC… is very well regarded among peers…” The Legal 500(2012)
- “Andrew Lewis QC is thought to be ‘one of the most approachable silks in the country.’ He is popular amongst solicitors and fellow barristers as he offers ‘well-rounded and meticulously thought-out advice’.” (2010)
- “Remarkably pragmatic, user-friendly and terrifically strong on his feet.” (2009)
- “A first class practitioner whom clients trust implicitly… A real star…Clever in court and astute in negotiations.” (2008)
- “A polished performer with a charming and urbane manner” (2007)
Andrew may accept Public Access work, where he can be instructed directly by a member of the public rather than a solicitor.
Contact Andrew’s clerks