Andrew Lewis KC regularly defends health & safety prosecutions, usually those involving catastrophic or fatal injury. He regularly attends coroners’ hearings, not only in respect of accidents at work but also fatalities in road traffic accidents and children in school care. He also undertakes work involving professional disciplinary tribunals.
“He is very competent. A fair and good advocate.”
— Chambers and Partners (2014)
- “Andrew Lewis QC… is a first-class lawyer with great attention to detail and a wonderful way with clients.” Chambers and Partners (2013)
- “Andrew Lewis QC…is a skilled and articulate advocate, with a very easy-going manner, and gets on very well with clients.” The Legal 500 (2013)
- “Andrew Lewis QC… is very well regarded among peers…” The Legal 500 (2012)
- “According to peers, he is a ‘disarmingly charming advocate who goes about his business in a highly effective way.’ ” (2011)
- “Andrew Lewis QC is thought to be ‘one of the most approachable silks in the country.’ He is popular amongst solicitors and fellow barristers as he offers ‘well-rounded and meticulously thought-out advice’.” (2010)
- “Andrew Lewis is… noted to be ‘remarkably pragmatic, user-friendly and terrifically strong on his feet’.” (2009)
- “He was described as a “first class practitioner whom clients trust implicitly… A real star…Clever in court and astute in negotiations.” (2008)
- He was regarded as “a polished performer with a charming and urbane manner” (2007)
Andrew may accept Public Access work, where he can be instructed directly by a member of the public rather than a solicitor.