Ranked as a tier 1 leading junior for personal injury work – Legal 500 (2021)
Andrew has undertaken personal injury work since 1996. His practice covers the full range of claims, from life-changing injuries to fast track work. He acts for both claimants and defendants alike. The legal directories have described Andrew as ‘sensible, pragmatic and highly experience’ and ‘well-liked by clients’.
“Sensible, pragmatic and highly experienced.” – The Legal 500 (2021)
Areas of Expertise
- Claims involving life-changing injuries
- Employer’s liability claims.
- Public liability claims.
- Road traffic injury claims.
- Construction site accident claims.
- Injury claims by prisoners and secure hospital patients.
- Fraudulent claims in the civil courts, including alleged staged accidents, LVI, ‘ghost passenger’ and exaggerated injury claims.
- Associated cost applications, including wasted costs applications, non-party costs applications against third parties and applications to disapply QOCS.
- Costs and case management hearings in multi-track claims.
- Procedural applications, including strike out and relief from sanctions.
- Pedestrian who sustained life-changing injuries in road traffic accident. £1million settlement.
- Secure hospital patient blinded in sporting accident.
- Psychiatric injuries sustained by boat owner in canal boat sinking.
- HGV driver who sustained serious upper limb injury when struck by heavy load.
- Pedestrian seriously injured when struck by police vehicle attending emergency call.
- For local authority in claim by tree surgeon seriously injured at work.
- For local authority in claim by refuse collector who suffered life-changing injuries.
- For defendant insurers in numerous road traffic claims where allegations of low velocity impact raised.
- For defendants in claims arising from use of public service vehicles.
- For police authority in claim arising from collision between police vehicle attending emergency call and third party vehicle.
Andrew regularly provides lectures on a wide range of personal injury related topics, including:
- RTA Claims Liability Caselaw Update
- The Defence of Illegality (‘Ex Turpi Causa’)
- Road Traffic Accident Claims Involving Emergency Service Vehicles
- Claims for Psychiatric Damage
Andrew has a keen interest in non-league and lower league football. He also enjoys fell walking in the Yorkshire Dales and further afield.