Catherine has a well balanced practice acting on behalf of both claimants and defendants in multi-track and fast track cases. Catherine acts at all stages of proceedings from providing preliminary advice to the conclusion of trial. Catherine regularly provides written advice on liability and quantum and drafts detailed or complex pleadings.
Catherine has particular experience in: –
- Road traffic accidents –particularly including fraudulent claims;
- Occupier’s Liability;
- Employer’s liability;
- Public liability;
- Credit hire;
- Costs assessments;
- Coroner’s inquests
Catherine regularly writes articles, legal blogs and provides training.
- Platt and Moore – Pedestrian sustained multiple injuries in a road traffic accident. The injuries included brain damage and an increased risk of epilepsy. The case involved 6 medical experts and complex issues as to causation and potential future loss.
- G(a minor) and Nixon – Child Claimant claiming damages as a result of being sexual abused by the defendant.
- Bell and Wytcherley – Claimant involved in motorcycle accident and sustained multiple injuries including a Le Fort fracture and ruptured testicle. The accident caused the Claimant to have an increased risk of infertility.
- Patten and Wollaston –Claimant sustained multiple injuries including tinnitus following a road traffic accident. Issues as to pre-existing conditions of tinnitus, cervical spondylosis and degenerative spinal disease.
- Hindson and Marston – Claimant suffered with complex regional pain syndrome and Dupytren’s contracture following a fall. A case involving several experts where complex issues were raised in relation to causation.