Ranked as a Rising Star in The Legal 500 (2024)
“Celine’s preparation for cases is flawless. Her attention to detail and leave-no-stone-unturned approach instills confidence in those she represents. She has a sharp legal mind.” – The Legal 500 (2024)
Celine is a fierce advocate who is known for her down-to-earth attitude and approach with clients, both in and out of court. Her diligent case preparation is owed to her meticulous eye for detail. Celine regularly appears in the Crown Court both prosecuting and defending.
Celine’s caseload includes sexual, drugs and violent offences. She was recently a Led Junior for the defence on a seven-week conspiracy to supply heroin trial, with a £24m street valuation. Celine has also recently appeared in the Court of Appeal and often represents appellants and the prosecution in Crown Court appeals. She has assisted a wide-ranging clientele, including vulnerable individuals. She is committed to securing the best possible outcome for both her professional and lay clients.
Celine has developed a strong prosecution practice and has acted for clients including South Yorkshire Police. Celine is currently a Grade 2 Prosecutor and has completed the Vulnerable Witness Advocacy Training Course, focusing on Ground Rules Hearings and s.28 hearings; she is adept at witness-handling. Prior to coming to the Bar, Celine undertook specialist training in partnership with Rape Crisis, supporting witnesses within sexual offence trials.
Celine has also developed a strong prison law practice. She represents inmates at Parole Board Hearings and has a strong reputation in acting for clients where the Board have directed release. Her Parole Board practice predominantly concerns those convicted of serious sexual offences, including rape and indecent offences against minors.
- R v P – Secured Community Order for defendant convicted of sexual assault;
- R v W (1 and 2) – Successfully defended the same client in two trials. The client was acquitted for a s.47 and Celine made a successful ‘half-time’ submission for the second trial for theft;
- R v P – Successfully represented a client for criminal damage, resulting in acquittal. Represented the same client for theft and secured a conditional discharge;
- R v D – Secured conditional discharge for client charged with dangerous dog offence.
- Celine defends in conspiracy to supply heroin as a Led Junior – https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-64684099.amp
- Suspended sentence given to Celine’s client for the supply of cocaine, ketamine and cannabis – https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/crime/leeds-student-with-bright-future-handed-out-business-cards-advertising-cocaine-and-ketamine-for-sale-4114783
- Celine secures suspended sentence for her client in domestic violence case – https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/23257899.unfaithful-man-smashed-way-ex-partners-house/
- Celine prosecutes on possession with the intent to supply sentence – https://www.harrogateadvertiser.co.uk/news/crime/harrogate-student-who-ran-his-own-cannabis-dealing-enterprise-and-fled-police-twice-is-spared-jail-4085870
- R v T – Successfully prosecuted a defendant charged with cultivating cannabis to a street value of £125,000;
- R v A – Prosecuted three s.47 assaults in the context of domestic violence, represented three complainants, including two children.