Ranked in The Legal 500 (2021) for Crime
“He is meticulous with detail and preparation, leaving nothing to chance.” – The Legal 500 (2021)
“He is meticulous with detail and preparation, leaving nothing to chance” – The Legal 500 (2020)
“Adept at handling prosecution and defence work across a range of criminal cases.” – The Legal 500 (2019)
“A fearless and very persuasive advocate.” – The Legal 500 (2017)
“Experienced in sexual offences cases, fraud and conspiracy to supply trials, among other areas.” – The Legal 500 (2016)
David Gordon practised in crime and general common law for 10 years before specialising in heavyweight crime in Crown Courts throughout the North Eastern Circuit.
He prosecutes or defends in cases of murder and attempted murder, serious drugs offences, rape and other sexual offences (including against children and historic offences), violence and public disorder, and fraud of all types.
David is highly regarded for the standard of his preparation, his client care, and polished courtroom performance, whether prosecuting or defending.
‘Prosecutes and defends, and his workload includes cases involving fraud, murder, and other violent offences.’ – The Legal 500 (2015)
David Gordon is ‘recommended for his heavyweight criminal practice’ — Legal 500.
He has sat as a Recorder of the Crown Court since 1998 and was Head of Chambers at Sovereign Chambers from 2007 to 2012.
- R v Chothia and Others – successful prosecution of Dewsbury-based child grooming gang
- R v Daniel Edwards – successful prosecution as junior alone for motiveless Murder of woman in horse stable – featured on Crimewatch
- R v Chernarli and Others – successful prosecution of gang for conspiracy to produce crystal meth in Barnsley suburb
- R v Rytting and Pyke – successful prosecution as junior alone of couple for death of child in their care who had ingested class A drugs over a period of time – involved expert hair analysis
- R v Newton and Blakeley – successful prosecution for GBH with Intent in baby shaking case
- R v Michael Hargreaves –successful defence in sexual abuse case
- R v Liam Windas and Others – successful prosecution as leading junior of two-month multi-defendant conspiracy to supply drugs and firearms
- R v Avaliani – successful prosecution as junior alone for Murder by strangulation of defendant’s partner
- R v Steven Beecroft – successful prosecution of council refuse lorry driver for causing death by careless driving