David has a well-established criminal practice, with a substantial caseload. He deals with defending and prosecuting heavy crime including; large scale drugs conspiracies and fraud, sexual offences, armed robberies and serious violence. He has experience of driving and vehicle offences, together with judicial review of magistrates court decisions and Courts Martial. His appellate work for the Crown includes unduly lenient sentences and appeals against terminatory rulings
He has significant experience of civil actions against the police following acquittal, false arrest and false imprisonment claims, assault, malicious prosecutions etc.
He takes particular concern that clients and their families are properly informed about all aspects of their case.
Areas of Expertise
- Conspiracy to commit Armed Robberies
- Conspiracy to Supply Class A drugs
- Serious Sexual Offences
- Complex Fraud matters
- R v Ash – Acted for Prosecution in multi handed conspiracy to supply Class A Drugs.
- R v Vear – Acted for prosecution – charges of multiple rape.
- R v R – Acted for Prosecution in complex rape case involving establishing age of defendant due to missing ID documents.
- R v Twite/Twite – Acted for Prosecution in 2 handed historical rape case.
- R v Cizmar – Acted for defence in conspiracy to import Class A drugs.
- R v Hussain – Acted for defence in serious S18 GBH case.