Currently not available to receive instructions.
Georgina is currently working abroad so is unavailable for work at the present time.
Georgina Coade enjoys a practice prosecuting (at Grade 3) and defending in equal measure. She engages in all types of criminal work, including serious crimes such as drugs, violence and fraud.
She also has extensive experience of prosecuting or defending multi-handed cases, both in her own name and as a led junior to many members of chambers.
“Highly recommended – she is meticulous and has a serene manner when dealing with all parties.” — Instructing solicitor
Georgina has an affable manner and is noted for her patience and sensitivity with victims, lay clients and their families. She is particularly able in dealing with young clients and those with limited understanding or limited experience of the criminal justice system. A sizeable number of new lay clients choose to be represented by Georgina following recommendations from individuals she has previously represented.
“Georgina’s approach to cases is calm and unflappable. Her patient and composed demeanour makes her especially effective when dealing with lay clients.” — Instructing solicitor
- R v Hussain and others  – Prosecution junior to Katherine Robinson in 6 handed referral fee fraud on behalf of City of London Police and CPS Complex Casework Unit
- R v Stubley and Lee  – Prosecuted defendants who received a total of 29 years imprisonment for robbing a lady of a £26,000 ring
- R v Youngs  – Obtained suspended prison sentence for pensioner who grew £115,000-worth of cannabis to pay for his funeral
- R v Graver and others  – Prosecution junior in a multi-handed conspiracy to supply drugs; involved complex disclosure issues
- R v Laher  – Obtained acquittal for defendant accused of sexually assaulting young pupil from his madrasa
- R v Khan  – Secured acquittal of defendant accused of importing £20,000-worth of heroin. Issues relating to destruction of evidence, confessions, covert sources and abuse of process
- R v Thompson  – Represented carer responsible for assaulting disabled patient in his care
- R v X  – Defended 16-year-old with severe learning & behavioural difficulties in the Youth Court on charges of sexual assault of a 3- and a 6-year-old. Issues of abuse of process and fitness to plead
- R v Jasim & Afandi  – Successfully prosecuted defendants under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act for selling unauthorised television boxes for use in card-sharing ring. Case involved complex computer evidence
- R v Kolompar and others  – Four-handed people-trafficking case. Prosecution junior to Tim Capstick
- R v Wilcock and others  – Prosecution junior to Richard Wright QC in 9-handed conspiracy to produce and supply cannabis
Contact Georgina’s clerks