Currently not available to receive instructions
Georgina enjoys a practice prosecuting and defending in equal measure. She is a grade 3 prosecutor.
Her work encompasses the spectrum of criminal offending drugs, fraud, violence and serious sexual offences.
Georgina also prosecutes on behalf of Trading Standards.
As a consultant for the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Georgina delivers training and other criminal justice capacity building projects overseas. She has worked regularly for the UK Government advising on serious and organised crime overseas, and spent several years working as the UK Government’s Criminal Justice Adviser to Ethiopia, when she worked in region to help counter organised crime, in particular human trafficking and smuggling.
- General crime –
- Operation Laneman – Junior for the Crown in 9 handed firearms and drugs prosecution
- Operation Hazleshot – disclosure counsel in 16 handed historic grooming prosecution
- R v P – Successfully defended man accused of committing historic sex offences against his daughter.
- R v S & others – Prosecution junior to Deanna Heer in gangland attempted murder tried at the Central Criminal Court.
- R v R – Prosecution junior to Stephen Hopper in prosecution of an NCA investigation into a money service bureau manager who laundered over £10m through a network in the Netherlands and UAE.
- R v L – Obtained acquittal for defendant accused of sexually assaulting young pupil from his madrasa.
- R v H and others – Prosecution junior to Katharine Robinson (Park Square Barristers) in 6-handed referral fee fraud on behalf of City of London Police and CPS Complex Casework Unit.
- R v K and others – Successful four-handed people-trafficking prosecution, junior to Tim Capstick (Park Square Barristers).
- R v K – Secured acquittal of defendant accused of importing £20,000-worth of heroin. Issues relating to destruction of evidence, confessions, covert sources and abuse of process.
- R v W and others – Prosecution junior to Richard Wright QC (Park Square Barristers) in nine-handed conspiracy to produce and supply cannabis; involved extensive confiscation proceedings.
Contact Georgina’s clerks