Currently not available to receive instructions.
Georgina enjoys a practice prosecuting and defending in equal measure. She is a grade 3 prosecutor. Her work encompasses the spectrum of criminal offending, including serious sexual offences, drugs, fraud and serious violence. Her work increasingly focuses on serious and organised crime.
Georgina is adept at condensing complex matters for simple and effective presentation to lay clients and juries. She is also noted for her patience and sensitivity with victims, lay clients and their families.
Georgina has recently worked overseas. As the UK Government’s Criminal Justice Adviser to Ethiopia, she worked in region to help counter organised crime, in particular human trafficking and smuggling.
“Highly recommended – she is meticulous and has a serene manner when dealing with all parties.” — Instructing solicitor
- R v P  – Successfully defended man accused of committing historic sex offences against his daughter.
- R v F  – Successfully prosecuted man accused of voyeurism offences committed against his daughter.
- R v S & others  – Prosecution junior to Deanna Heer (Treasury Counsel, 5 Paper Buildings) in gangland attempted murder tried at the Central Criminal Court.
- R v Rasheed  – Prosecution junior to Stephen Hopper (5 Paper Buildings) in prosecution of an NCA investigation into a money service bureau manager who laundered over £10m through a network in the Netherlands and UAE.
- R v Hussain and others  – Prosecution junior to Katharine Robinson in 6-handed referral fee fraud on behalf of City of London Police and CPS Complex Casework Unit.
- R v Stubley and Lee  – Prosecuted defendants who received a total of 29 years imprisonment for robbery.
- R v Youngs – Obtained suspended prison sentence for pensioner who grew £115,000-worth of cannabis to pay for his funeral.
- R v Graver and others – Prosecution junior in multi-handed conspiracy to supply drugs; involved complex disclosure issues.
- R v Laher – Obtained acquittal for defendant accused of sexually assaulting young pupil from his madrasa.
- R v Khan – Secured acquittal of defendant accused of importing £20,000-worth of heroin. Issues relating to destruction of evidence, confessions, covert sources and abuse of process.
- R v Thompson – Represented carer responsible for assaulting disabled patient in his care.
- R v X – Defended 16-year-old with severe learning & behavioural difficulties in the Youth Court on charges of sexual assault of a 3 and 6 year-old. Issues of abuse of process and fitness to plead.
- R v Kolompar and others – Four-handed people-trafficking case. Prosecution junior to Tim Capstick.
- R v Wilcock and others – Prosecution junior to Richard Wright QC in nine-handed conspiracy to produce and supply cannabis; involved extensive confiscation proceedings.
Contact Georgina’s clerks