Georgina enjoys a practice prosecuting and defending in equal measure. She is a grade 3 prosecutor. Her work encompasses the spectrum of criminal offending, including serious sexual offences, drugs, fraud and violence.
Georgina is adept at condensing complex matters for simple and effective presentation to lay clients and juries. She is also noted for her patience and sensitivity with victims, lay clients and their families.
As a consultant for the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Georgina has delivered training and other criminal justice capacity building projects overseas. She has worked regularly for the UK Government advising on serious and organised crime overseas, and spent several years working as the UK Government’s Criminal Justice Adviser to Ethiopia, when she worked in region to help counter organised crime, in particular human trafficking and smuggling.
- Operation Hazleshot – disclosure counsel in 16 handed historic grooming prosecution
- R v P – Successfully defended man accused of committing historic sex offences against his daughter.
- R v F – Successfully prosecuted man accused of voyeurism offences committed against his daughter.
- R v S & others – Prosecution junior to Deanna Heer (Junior Treasury Counsel, 5 Paper Buildings) in gangland attempted murder tried at the Central Criminal Court.
- R v R – Prosecution junior to Stephen Hopper (5 Paper Buildings) in prosecution of an NCA investigation into a money service bureau manager who laundered over £10m through a network in the Netherlands and UAE.
- R v H and others – Prosecution junior to Katharine Robinson in 6-handed referral fee fraud on behalf of City of London Police and CPS Complex Casework Unit.
- R v S and L – Prosecuted defendants who received a total of 29 years imprisonment for robbery.
- R v Y – Obtained suspended prison sentence for pensioner who grew £115,000-worth of cannabis to pay for his funeral.
- R v G and others – Prosecution junior in multi-handed conspiracy to supply drugs; involved complex disclosure issues.
- R v L – Obtained acquittal for defendant accused of sexually assaulting young pupil from his madrasa.
- R v K and others – Successful four-handed people-trafficking prosecution, junior to Tim Capstick.
- R v K – Secured acquittal of defendant accused of importing £20,000-worth of heroin. Issues relating to destruction of evidence, confessions, covert sources and abuse of process.
R v W and others – Prosecution junior to Richard Wright QC in nine-handed conspiracy to produce and supply cannabis; involved extensive confiscation proceedings.
Contact Georgina’s clerks