Currently on sabbatical and not available to receive instructions
Georgina has regularly prosecuted on behalf of Trading Standards. As junior to Katherine Robinson, she assisted in the prosecution of a four-handed multi-million-pound conspiracy to defraud and regulatory prosecution.
As part of these proceedings and many others in her general criminal practice, Georgina also has substantial experience of confiscation proceedings.
Georgina has experience prosecuting offences of copyright theft and cases involving complex computer evidence. She has also undertaken cases for the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills.
- R v Saunders  – Conspiracy to defraud prosecution on behalf of National Trading Standards eCrime unit. Defendant set up a complex web of fraudulent online businesses to effect scams.
- R v Jones  – Prosecuted ‘rogue traders’ for fraud and offences contrary to the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations. Case involved numerous and vulnerable complainants
- R v Clough  – Successfully prosecuted builder for multiple frauds on vulnerable victims in a case featured on ITV’s Rogue Traders
- R v Jones, Dodds & Wild  – Successfully prosecuted defendants for mis-selling will-writing services and financial products under the Consumer Protection Regulations
- R v Christofi & others  – Prosecution junior to Katherine Robinson in four-handed £2million conspiracy to defraud and regulatory prosecution. Case involved around 200 complainants