Holly has quickly developed a strong practice in all areas of criminal law. She is a CPS Level Two Prosecutor and regularly appears in the Crown Court on behalf of both the Prosecution and Defence.
Holly adopts a clear and robust approach in court and is adept at looking ahead in any case in order to plan for a range of eventualities. She is known for her calm and approachable manner when dealing with clients and witnesses. She has experience dealing with vulnerable clients and witnesses and has completed the Vulnerable Witness Advocacy Training course, which focuses on training for Ground Rules Hearings, child witnesses and cases that fall within the Section 28 provisions.
Holly has appeared in numerous Crown Court trials, both prosecuting and defending, across a wide spectrum of criminal law including fraud, burglary, robbery, serious assaults, sexual offences, driving offences, drugs and firearms offences and cases involving homicide. She has experience of complex multi-handed cases and cases involving vulnerable witnesses, children and Defendants with mental health difficulties, along with cases requiring expert witnesses.
Holly has been instructed as Junior Counsel for the Prosecution and Defence on cases involving grooming and drugs conspiracies. She has been Disclosure Junior on a number of high profile murder cases and firearms conspiracies, being led by Richard Wright QC, Peter Moulson QC and Ben Nolan QC.
Holly also accepts instructions on cases involving the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and private prosecutions including those relating to complex statute and regulations.
- R v M & others– Defence Junior to Chris Moran on a historic grooming case involving multiple complainants.
- R v Linton – Disclosure Junior to Richard Wright QC and Simon Clegg (no relation) on a historic ‘cold-case’ murder which took place in 2001. The case involved the shooting of a taxi driver by a Jamaican national who had to be extradited to the UK in order to stand his trial. He was extradited from the US where he was serving a life sentence for a different murder committed in New York.
- R v Pettitt and others– Prosecution Junior to Laura Addy on a complex drugs conspiracy case.
- R v Khan, Awan and others- Disclosure Junior to Ben Nolan QC and Allan Armbrister in a large scale firearms conspiracy. The case involved armed robbery and multiple counts of attempt murder.
- R v Bates and others – Disclosure Junior to Peter Moulson QC and Simon Clegg in a multi-handed drug related murder.
- R v Khan and others – Disclosure Junior to Richard Wright QC and Simon Clegg in a multi-handed case involving the brutal torture and murder of Mohammed Feazan Ayaz at Denholme Business Centre in Bradford.
- R v Freeland – Junior to Richard Woolfall in a case involving grooming and multiple sex offences against children.
- R v Brooksby and others- Prosecuted a 6 day, multi-handed Affray involving complex legal arguments.
- R v P- Prosecuted a man charged with assaulting his 4 year old child who gave evidence during the trial under the s28 provisions.
- R v Edge – Prosecuted a man who staged a 5 hour rooftop protest in Hull.
- R v Hutchinson– Defended in a 4 day trial involving Assault Occasioning Actual Bodily Harm on a Prison officer by a prisoner serving a sentence of Imprisonment for Public Protection.
- R v Zanetti- Defended a man accused of s18 assault
- R v Betts- Defended a man accused of blackmail
- R v Smith– Defended in a 2 day Burglary trial involving various written and oral legal arguments on admissibility of evidence and PACE breaches.
Contact Holly’s clerks