Howard defends and prosecutes the whole range of serious criminal offences, including firearms offences, serious violence and large-scale public disorder, serious drugs offences, sexual offences, arson, fraud and high value dishonesty.
He has represented many appellants in the Court of Appeal and regularly appears in the Administrative Court in connection with the interpretation of legislation.
He has an approachable friendly manner and is regularly complimented for his clear advice.
- Lasek (2018) – Led by Queen’s Counsel in a Murder prosecution.
- J (2018) – Defence of a man in connection with historic sex offences.
- Middlebrook (2018) – Defence of a man in connection with Possession of a Prohibited Firearm and home-made ammunition.
- Malik (2017) – Prosecution of a man in a series of cases involving Death by Dangerous Driving, where a cyclist was killed by a drug dealer who was being pursued by the police; and Aggravated Burglary, where a masked gang forced entry to the victim’s home and attacked him with metal bars and tasers in front of his family.
- B and K (2017) – Prosecution of two men for Robbery, involving the possession and discharge of a handgun; and Aggravated Burglary, involving a handgun.
- Clarke (2017) – Defence of a man charged with Aggravated Burglary, where a man was beaten in his own home.
- Clarkson (2016) – Prosecution of an egg farmer for Fraud in connection with his large-scale sale of barn eggs as free-range eggs. Technical evidence relating to the ultra-violet examination of eggs was adduced for the first time in a criminal prosecution.
- Racz & Kalman (2016) – Prosecution of two men for the trafficking of Hungarian nationals.
- Wilks & others (2015) – Prosecution of 6 defendants arising out of large-scale public disorder in Chapeltown, Leeds, during which a man was stabbed.
- Singh (2015) – Successful defence of a man for Possession of Class A Drugs with Intent, following the recovery of a large amount of drugs from his bedroom.
- Orford & others (2014) – Prosecution of 7 defendants for Conspiracy to Handle Stolen Goods in connection with the breaking-up and disposal of a large number of stolen motor cars.
- B (2014) – Successful defence of a man charged with sexually assaulting his girlfriend’s daughter.