Khadim Al’Hassan has a heavyweight practice in Serious crime and Regulatory matters and has been practising in the UK and abroad for over 25 years. He regularly appears before the English and international courts and tribunals, and advises on issues of jurisdiction.
Khadim provides specialist advice and representation in all areas of criminal and regulatory law. His strength lies in his wealth of experience and knowledge as well as a commitment to effective case management, rigorous analysis of the relevant law and procedure, and meticulous attention to detail. He is well regarded as providing strategic advice and robust representation.
He is regularly instructed in cases involving serious organised crime and regulatory offences arising out of complex investigations, and advice in respect of parallel criminal investigations and prosecutions, inquests and inquiries.
He advises business and individuals in relation to all regulatory compliance issues and provides comprehensive advice to clients to ensure compliance before investigations and enforcement arises.
Khadim is regularly asked to provide second opinions on cases and appeals.
Khadim is well-known for his skilled tactical advice and first-class advocacy, and is very client-focused. He has a solid understanding of the wider issues arising out of cases. He is highly regarded and very approachable.
A small selection of cases in which Khadim has appeared:
- Involved in the Las Alturas public Inquiry into a $67.62 million government construction project of buildings H & I which were subsequently condemned due to failings of various parties involved in the construction and costs of $26million plus cost of demolition.
- R Naveed Mohammed & Others (Att. Gen ref, 8, 9, 10 of 2002) 2003 1 CR. App. R (s) 57 – Honour-based kidnapping where a community order sentence was appealed by the Attorney General and refused.
- Naiz ali & Others – Hawala Banking and £180m money-laundering fraud, trafficking criminal monies around the world and cuckoo-smurfing
- Brookes & Others – Terrorism offences arising out of the heckling of John Reid MP.
- Dogar & Others (Oxford grooming case), Central Criminal Court – Leading case on s.41 and life sentence in grooming of young vulnerable children in care.
- R v Adewale & Another – Match.com internet-dating fraud case.
- Venables & Olojugba – £600k NHS dental-practice fraud relating to alleged overcharging for work not carried out.
- R v Shah Jahan & Others – Election fraud involving postal voting in Birmingham. S106 notices, ‘banana-republic shame’.
- R v Koubari & Others – £21m importation of class-A drugs, Southampton.
- R v Hussain & 11 Others – Conspiracy to murder.
- Majid Hussain & Others – Money-laundering the proceeds of criminal activity of others; acquitted.
- Victoria Jackson (2015) – Cash-for-crash and money-laundering.
- Sean Thompson – The Sheffield ‘ Xbox murder’ by a young man who had just signed up to play for the Blades.
- Sen Ba Trinh – Cultivating cannabis throughout the North using a team of gardeners.
- Zaheer Ahmed – blackmail of a local politician and threats to family members abroad who had to be flown to the UK.
- Abdul Rauf – ‘The Rochdale Grooming case’, involving vulnerable young girls in the care of the local authority.
See or subscribe to Khadim’s ‘daily newspaper’ online.
Contact Khadim’s clerks