Khadim Al’Hassan has a heavyweight practice in crime. He regularly appears before the English and international courts and tribunals, and advises on issues of jurisdiction.
Khadim provides specialist advice and representation in all areas of criminal law. His strength lies in his wealth of experience and knowledge as well as a commitment to effective case management, rigorous analysis of the relevant law and procedure, and meticulous attention to detail.
He is regularly instructed in cases involving serious organised crime and serious sexual and violent offences arising out of complex investigations, including disclosure and public-interest immunity.
Khadim is regularly asked to provide second opinions on cases and advice on appeals.
Khadim is well-known for his skilled tactical advice and first-class advocacy, and is very client-focused. He has a solid understanding of the wider issues arising out of cases. He is highly regarded and very approachable
A small selection of cases in which Khadim has appeared:
- R Naveed Mohammed & Others (Att. Gen ref, 8, 9, 10 of 2002) 2003 1 CR. App. R (s) 57 – Honour-based kidnapping where a community order sentence was appealed by the Attorney General and refused.
- Naiz ali & Others – Hawala Banking and £180m money-laundering fraud, trafficking criminal monies around the world and cuckoo-smurfing
- Brookes & Others – Terrorism offences arising out of the heckling of John Reid MP.
- Dogar & Others (Oxford grooming case), Central Criminal Court – Leading case on s.41 and life sentence in grooming of young vulnerable children in care.
- R v Adewale & Another – Match.com internet-dating fraud case.
- Venables & Olojugba – £600k NHS dental-practice fraud relating to alleged overcharging for work not carried out.
- R v Shah Jahan & Others – Election fraud involving postal voting in Birmingham. S106 notices, ‘banana-republic shame’.
- R v Koubari & Others – £21m importation of class-A drugs, Southampton.
- R v Hussain & 11 Others – Conspiracy to murder.
- Majid Hussain & Others – Money-laundering the proceeds of criminal activity of others; acquitted.
- Victoria Jackson (2015) – Cash-for-crash and money-laundering.
- Sean Thompson – The Sheffield ‘ Xbox murder’ by a young man who had just signed up to play for the Blades.
- Sen Ba Trinh – Cultivating cannabis throughout the North using a team of gardeners.
- Zaheer Ahmed – blackmail of a local politician and threats to family members abroad who had to be flown to the UK.
- Abdul Rauf – ‘The Rochdale Grooming case’, involving vulnerable young girls in the care of the local authority.
See or subscribe to Khadim’s ‘daily newspaper’ online.
Contact Khadim’s clerks
Khadim Al’Hassan is part of a PI, industrial disease and medical negligence team which prides itself on strength in depth, consistently representing claimants in cases ranging from modest claims to catastrophic injuries.
On issues of quantum and appeals, Khadim advises clients internationally before the Privy Council where countries of the Commonwealth have retained it as the final court of appeal.
He also advises and appears before the First Tier Tribunal and the Upper Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber), and the Administrative Court throughout the country.
Khadim is well-known for his skilled tactical advice and first-class advocacy, and is very client-focused. He has a solid understanding of the wider issues arising out of cases. He is highly regarded and very approachable.
- Essau Hoodan – Privy Council appeal from Trinidad & Tobago (personal injury) – Successful appeal from the Court of Appeal involving ruling on adverse findings of credibility
- Re: H (a minor) (Adoption: Non-Patrial) 1997 1 WLR 79 – Judge’s discretion and ruling that adoption in breach of immigration control upheld on appeal to Court of Appeal.
Contact Khadim’s clerks
Khadim Al’Hassan defends medical cases before the respective professional disciplinary bodies for doctors, dentists, pharmacists, nurses and midwives. He also advises on licensing laws; in particular, premises licences and taxi licences.
His expert knowledge and formidable advocacy skills are drawn from over 2 decades in courts, committees and tribunals at every level and description and around the country.