Lucy’s experience of regulatory and public law matters includes the following:
- Licensing matters including appeals against Firearms licensing decisions
- Proceedings in relating to behavior orders such as Sexual Harm Prevention Orders, Violent Offender Orders, Serious Crime Prevention Orders.
- Disciplinary proceedings before the Farrier’s Registration Council;
- Enforcement proceedings under the Proceeds of Crime Act;
- Proceedings in the Magistrates’ Court on behalf of agencies including the Food Standards Agency and DVLA;
- Appearing before the Traffic Commissioner;
- Mental Health Act proceedings including Manager’s hearings and Mental Health Review Tribunals;
- Prison law – including adjudications, categorisation and parole matters.
Examples of regulatory cases include:
- Griffiths v FRC  – represented a farrier who having admitted gross professional misconduct following a criminal conviction which resulted in a prison sentence. He avoided suspension or termination of his registration
- Traffic Commissioner v TMS Barriers  – representing a transport operator in a public enquiry in respect of their operator’s licence. The operator received a Formal Warning thus retaining their licence.
Lucy may accept Public Access work, where she can be instructed directly by a member of the public rather than a solicitor.