Mark is an experienced personal injury practitioner.
The Legal 500 ranks him as a Leading Junior in Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence and says (in 2019) “he has a thorough and meticulous eye” (in 2017) “he has very good tactical nous”
He acts for solicitors throughout England, for both Claimants and Defendants.
He has a wide experience of very high value personal injury claims (values of over 1 million), and in particular fatal accident and traumatic brain injury cases.
He has acted in dozens of fatal accident cases.
In 2007, 2010 and 2015 Mark was appointed by the Attorney General as Junior Counsel to the Crown (Regional Panel). He undertakes civil work for government departments, including the Ministry of Justice such as Inquests and in fatal asbestos cases.
Mark also acts for the MIB.
Areas of Practice
He acts in a broad range of personal injury cases, including:
- Fatal accidents
- Road traffic
- Employer’s liability
- Public liability
- Industrial disease (including asbestos-related illness, industrial deafness, and HAVS)
- Clinical negligence
- Inquests (including Article 2, jury, inquests)
By way of example, Mark’s recent cases include:
- Numerous inquests: for example including a four-day jury inquest, representing the Highways Agency.
- Numerous claims the dependency arising from fatal accidents, including claims for child dependency involving unmarried parents
- Numerous claims for catastrophic brain injuries, including claims by children
- Fatal accident claims involving pedestrians, and emergency vehicles, and motorcyclists