Ranked Tier 1 for Regulatory, Health and Safety and Licensing – The Legal 500 (2018)
Leading Junior in 2017’s Legal 500 for Regulatory and Health & Safety and is a B-List Specialist Regulatory Advocate.
“Composed and level-headed.” – The Legal 500 (2018)
“He is a very diligent and precise lawyer” – The Legal 500 (2017)
Simon Clegg prosecutes and defends in serious cases brought by the Environment Agency, Health & Safety Executive and local authorities. He often provides pre-charge advice in relation to large-scale operations.
Since 2012 Simon has been a panelist advocate for both the EA and HSE.
Simon also undertakes inquest work, and his cases have included:
- Driver in police pursuit killed in multi-vehicle RTA
- Death of dockworker due to health & safety failures of employer
- Teenager misdiagnosed by GP.
- R v A and others: Junior to David Brooke QC in on-going ten-handed prosecution relating to the illegal depositing of waste.
- R v Douglas: Prosecution of waste activities culminating in a large fire which led to parliamentary involvement.
- R v C Ltd: Defence of company following serious injury at workplace.
- R v B: Defence of landlord in relation to dangerous residential premises.
- R v Atkinson: Prosecution of incompetent and unlicensed gas-fitter who created risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- R v Letterbox: Prosecution of company following serious injury caused by dangerous machinery.