Simon Clegg is a busy civil practitioner, receiving instructions from both claimant and defendant firms. His personal injury (PI) experience includes fast-track and multi-track work, and he has come to specialise in clinical negligence, credit hire and both jury and non-jury inquests. Simon regularly provides advice to child claimants in respect of damages.
Simon also undertakes inquest work, and his cases have included:
- Driver in police pursuit killed in multi-vehicle RTA
- Death of dockworker due to health & safety failures of employer
- Teenager misdiagnosed by GP.
Simon offers lectures and seminars on a range of related subjects, including:
- Credit hire and taxi firms
- The enforceability of credit-hire agreements
- Chen Wei & Veolia – what it all means for the future of credit hire
- Road Traffic Act & Article 75
- Part 14 Admissions and recent developments
- Credit hire overview – Bent & Pattni update
- Indemnity, Declarations & Article 75
- Part 20 update
- Part 36 withdrawals – rules and case law
- Appeals, procedure and Ladd v Marshall
- Fryett v Dale – led by Andrew Lewis QC in a case of catastrophic injury arising from a road traffic accident
- C v Mid Nottinghamshire NHS Trust – led by Andrew Lewis QC in a clinical negligence case
- P v Mid-Yorks Hospital NSH Trust – clinical negligence from the failure to diagnose a birth defect
- Morton v Wakefield MBC – Human Rights Act claim against child-safety procedures
- W v A&P Tees Ltd – Fatal-accident claim on behalf of child dependents
- Avis v Morgan – Appeal on jurisdiction of English courts over accident in Scotland
- Smith v Burney – Appeal on admissibility of internet spot-hire rates.