Susan is currently not receiving instructions.
Susan Fricker has extensive experience in Children Act and Adoption and Children Act proceedings – care proceedings and private law proceedings.
She has wide-ranging advocacy experience in the Family Court. Susan is experienced in representing local authorities, adults and children at all stages of proceedings.
Susan has considerable experience of representing local authorities in proceedings involving multiple respondents and complex issues. She represents applicants and respondents in public and private law proceedings dealing with allegations of fabricated or induced illness; sexual abuse; domestic violence; significant physical injury -including brain injury; parents involved in substance abuse; parents with mental-health issues and long-term neglect; proceedings involving assessments abroad and the consideration of placement abroad and allegations of Forced Marriage.
She also handles cases involving:
- Contested medical evidence
- The interplay of private and public law proceedings
- The legal parameters applicable to local-authority duties and actions
- Disclosure of social services records and of information held by local authorities
- Public Interest Immunity applications
- Proceedings under The Hague Convention and BIIR
- Disputed relocation (national and international)
- Placement of children outside of England or the UK
- The impact of cultural/religious beliefs and practices upon child welfare issues