Timothy Jacobs is a mature and confident advocate with twenty years experience in a broad range of criminal work including sexual offences, complex financial crime and offences of serious violence. He is noted for his ready grasp of material and for the attention to detail which comes from thorough preparation. He is able to establish a good rapport with young and vulnerable defendants and witnesses and has extensive experience of cases dealt with under the s28 procedures.
As a former solicitor and partner in a large Leeds criminal practice Timothy has first-hand experience of dealing with cases from first arrest and interview at the police station through all levels of court proceedings from the Magistrates’ and Youth Courts up to and including a number of successful appearances before the Court of Appeal. This breadth of experience means that he has a thorough understanding of the pressures placed upon defendants at each stage and can help to put clients at ease.
Timothy’s work covers both prosecution and defence. He is able to bring his customary professionalism to both sides and has been praised for his sensitive handling of difficult witnesses. He is a committed advocate who is prepared to fight hard for his client to obtain the best possible results.
- R v MN (2019) – Defended an allegation of neglect and physical abuse of children.
- R v SA (2019) – Defended in a complex multi-handed fraud trial involving fake websites.
- R v BS (2019) – Defended in a case of a series of professional domestic burglaries targeting high value motor vehicles.
- R v DB (2019)- Prosecution regarding a serious assault where weapons including a knife and boiling water were used.
- R v DS (2018) – Defence of a man accused of kidnapping a young child.
- R v VT (2018) – Defended in a case of non-recent sexual abuse involving multiple family members.
- R v JB (2018) – Defended a man with mental health problems accused of attempted murder in a knife attack.
- R v NA (2018) – Defended in a case involving deliberate wounding with a vehicle and professional drug dealing. Case subject of an A-G’s reference.
- R v LS (2018) – Defence of an elderly man accused of rape and sexual assault.
- R v VB (2017) – Defended a vulnerable woman charged with assisting an offender in a case of murder.
- R v TW (2017) – led junior in a case of murder involving firearms.
- R v SB (2016) – Defence of a woman with mental health problems accused of wounding and false imprisonment. Sentence successfully appealed to the Court of Appeal.
- R v HO (2016) – Defence in a case of professional, high-value credit card fraud.
- R v MR (2016) – Defended in a case of nationwide drugs supply conspiracy.
Contact Timothy’s clerks
Timothy Jacobs is a C-List Specialist Regulatory Advocate.
As a solicitor of 20 years’ experience Timothy has handled a wide range of regulatory work including both prosecution and defence. He has been involved in cases concerning financial irregularities, rogue traders, food standards, and vehicle and taxi licensing. He has been instructed by West Yorkshire Trading Standards and Leeds City Council.
Contact Timothy’s clerks