“William is in the premier league of barristers – he’s clever, sharp, engaging, incredibly effective and always very focused on the goal” Chambers & Partners (2019)
William Tyler KC is a specialist children law barrister appearing in high-profile public and private law children cases.
“A polished advocate and performer who instills confidence in his clients” Chambers & Partners (2019)
“An exemplary and driven children silk whose presentation, drafting and advocacy is highly regarded.” Legal 500 (2019)
His extensive public law Children Act practice sees him litigating complicated and serious cases around the country, principally in the High Court. He has particular expertise in cases involving very serious injury and death, sexual abuse or international and jurisdictional difficulties.
His private law practice comprises the most serious, the most complex or the most sensitive cases, and very often those involving difficult international issues (abduction, relocation etc.), serious denied allegations or questions relating to parenthood and child arrangements after surrogacy or gamete donation.
He frequently appears in the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
He is a Deputy High Court Judge (Family Division), a Recorder (Family Court) and a Family Arbitrator.
“Superb” and “an exceptional advocate”… “Cares hugely about his work, and is very generous with his time.” The Legal 500 (2011, 2013)
- Re H (A Minor) v Northants. County Council & Anor  EWHC 282 (Fam), Keehan J
- Re JS (Disposal of Body)  EWHC 2859 (Fam), Peter Jackson J
- Re U (Children)  EWCA Civ X, McFarlane & Lindblom LJJ, Henderson J
- Re K (Children)  EWCA 1606 (Fam), Hayden J
- Re E (A Child)  EWCA Civ 473, McFarlane, Macur & Gloster LJJ
- Re RA (Baby Relinquished for Adoption: Case Management),  EWFC 25, Cobb J
- Re N (Children) (Brussels II Revised: Article 15),  UKSC 15,  2 WLR 1103, Baroness Hale, Lords Neuberger, Wilson, Kerr & Carnwath
- Re B (A Child) (Habitual Residence: Inherent Jurisdiction),  UKSC 4,  2 WLR 557,  1 FLR 561, Baroness Hale, Lords Clarke, Wilson, Sumption & Toulson
- Re N (Children) (Brussells II Revised: Article 15), [2015 EWCA Civ 1112,  2 WLR 713,  1 All ER 1086  1 FLR 621, Sir James Munby P, Black LJ & Sir Richard Aikens
- Re T (A Child) (Early Permanency Placement)  EWCA Civ 983, Sir James Munby P, Black & Bean LJJ
- Aidiniantz v Aidiniantz  EWCOP 65,  COPLR 643, Peter Jackson J
- Re A (Fact-finding)  EWFC 68 (Fam), Russell J
- Re B (A Child) (Habitual Residence) (Inherent Jurisdiction)  EWCA Civ 886,  2 WLR 487, Sir James Munby P, Black & Underhill LJJ
- M v LA  EWHC 2082 (Fam), Hayden J
- Re S (A Child)  UKSC 20,  1 WLR 1631,  FLR 208, Supreme Court: Baroness Hale, Lords Kerr, Wilson, Hughes & Toulson
- Re X (A Child)  EWHC 1871 (Fam), Sir James Munby P
- London Borough of Haringey v Musa  EWHC 2883 (Fam), Newton J
- Re R (Children: Temporary Leave to Remove from the Jurisdiction)  2 FLR 1402, HHJ Bellamy
- Re E (Brussels II Revised: Vienna Convention: Reporting Restrictions)  2 FLR 151, Sir James Munby P
- Re DF and GF (Children) (Placement Order or Special Guardianship Order)  EWHC 2607 (Fam), Pauffley J
- Re W (A Child)  EWCA Civ 662, Thorpe, Hallett & Elias LJJ
- Re M (Children)  EWCA Civ 388, Sullivan & Rafferty LJJ, Ryder J
- Re TG (A Child) EWCA (Civ) 5,  1 FLR 1250, Sir James Munby P, Aikens LJ & Hedley J
- Sutton v Gray and Others (No 2)  EWHC 2763 (Fam),  FLR 914, Hogg J
- Sutton v Gray and Others (No 1) EWHC 2604 (Fam),  FLR 833, Hogg J
- Re G (Interim Care Order) EWCA Civ 745,  2 FLR 95, Court of Appeal: Sir Nicholas Wall P, Rix LJ
- Re A & D (Non–Accidental Injury: Subdural Haematomas) 1 FLR 337, Dame Elizabeth Butler–Sloss P
William Tyler KC may accept Public Access work, where he can be instructed directly by a member of the public rather than a solicitor.
Contact Will’s clerks
Arnela Siranovic on 0113 213 5212