“William is in the premier league of barristers – he’s clever, sharp, engaging, incredibly effective and always very focused on the goal” Chambers & Partners (2019)
William Tyler QC has a busy Court of Protection practice, appearing in many cases, generally involving deprivations of liberty or significant dispute between the parties.
He is the head of the Court of Protection Team at his London chambers.
“Superb” and “an exceptional advocate”… “Cares hugely about his work, and is very generous with his time.” The Legal 500 (2011, 2013)
- Re A & D (Non–Accidental Injury: Subdural Haematomas)  1 FLR 337, Dame Elizabeth Butler–Sloss P
- Re G (Interim Care Order)  EWCA Civ 745,  2 FLR 95, Court of Appeal: Sir Nicholas Wall P, Rix LJ
- Re TG (A Child)  EWCA (Civ) 5,  1 FLR 1250, Sir James Munby P, Aikens LJ & Hedley J
- Re M (Children)  EWCA Civ 388, Sullivan & Rafferty LJJ, Ryder J
- Re W (A Child)  EWCA Civ 662
- Re DF and GF (Children) (Placement Order or Special Guardianship Order)  EWHC 2607 (Fam), Pauffley J
- Re D–R (Children)  EWCC 5 (Fam) (10 October 2013), HHJ Bellamy
- Re E  EWHC 6 (Fam), Sir James Munby P
William Tyler QC may accept Public Access work, where he can be instructed directly by a member of the public rather than a solicitor.