Park Square Barristers listed in the 2016 edition of Chambers and PartnersPark Square Barristers
“The set: The recently merged No6 and Sovereign Chambers have amalgamated to create a leading team of outstanding criminal barristers. With five silks and 30 juniors focusing on crime, the set has an outstanding capacity to undertake the full spectrum of criminal cases. “The list of members is an impressive collection of North East counsel with vast experience in depth and a proven track record,” reports a satisfied client”
We are delighted to announce that the following members of chambers are ranked in the 2016 edition of Chambers and Partners:
- Richard Wright QC (Silk, band 1) – “A criminal advocate who regularly prosecutes and defends the most serious of criminal offences that come to court. He is constantly instructed in high-profile homicide and fraud cases across the north of England”.
- Peter Moulson QC (Silk, band 2) – “Since he was appointed Queen’s Counsel in 2011, Peter Moulson QC has been a popular choice for representation on homicide, money laundering, drug offence and other serious criminal cases. He has particular expertise in handling cases involving loss of self-control, self-defence and mental illnesses”.
- Patrick Palmer (Junior) – “Receives high praise from the market for his strong presence in criminal work in the North Eastern Circuit. He is skilled at handling sensitive, high-profile cases involving death by driving, murders and fraud of all types”.
- Mark McKone (Junior) – “A dedicated criminal practitioner, Mark McKone is often the first port of call for rape and other sexual offence cases. He is a Grade 4 qualified prosecutor on organised crime and rape panels and also has expertise in handling multi-handed fraud cases”.
- David Dixon (Junior) – “Acts in both private and publicly funded criminal cases both for the defence and prosecution. He appears regularly before the Crown Court and occasionally appears before the Magistrates’ Court”.
- Kama Melly (Junior) – “A sought-after criminal defence and prosecution barrister known for her work in serious criminal cases from murder to fraud. She has specialist knowledge in sexual offence cases, from marital rape to historic abuse cases”.
- Michael Collins (Junior) – “Has a broad criminal practice that extends beyond the North Eastern Circuit. He has established a solid reputation for a number of criminal areas such as drug trafficking, violent crimes, road traffic offences and sexual abuse”.
- Catherine Silverton (Junior) – “She offers specialist expertise in rape and other severe sexual assault cases. Her broader practice covers the full scope of heavyweight crime, from murder and fraud to organised conspiracies. She is noted for her sensitivity with vulnerable witnesses and victims”.
Andrew Lewis QC is ranked in both the Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury categories.
“Offers extensive experience in brain and spinal injuries, most notably acting on behalf of defendants. Commentators enthuse about his accessibility and ability to get to the heart of issues” – Personal Injury;
“The head of chambers and a Deputy High Court Judge, Andrew Lewis QC is frequently sought out to handle a range of complex cases. He has extensive experience acting in brain and spinal injury claims” – Clinical Negligence.
And members of the Family team have also been ranked:
- James Hargan – “A senior junior with a broad range of expertise and a particular specialism in cases concerning non-accidental injury to children”.
- Claire Murden – “Specialises in care proceedings with a focus on cases which involve complex medical evidence. She acts for children, guardians and parents in cases of serious abuse”.
- Charles Prest – “Leader of the set’s family law group, Charles Prest focuses exclusively on children law proceedings. He has appeared in landmark care proceedings with international implications and is praised for his analytical rigour and human touch”.