Christopher is known for his detailed case analysis, client-focused approach and thorough cross-examination skills. Christopher accepts instructions in all areas of commercial, chancery and property work. In addition, he is an ADR-ODR International accredited civil/commercial mediator.
Examples of Cases
- Hannah Goy v Karen Burgess – represented the Defendant in a claim following the break up of a business relationship. Reduced the claim in damages from nearly £7,000 to £564 and secured punitive costs consequences due to the Claimant’s unreasonable conduct.
- Stephen Winbolt v Philip Smith – secured a strike out and costs for the Defendant in a claim relating to a loan of £4,000.
- Robert Newman v Mark Hawksworth, AKA Alan Hawksworth, T/A Millennium Motor Company – acted for the Defendant and settled a claim at the door of court on favourable terms.
- BT v Virgin Media – successfully defended a claim under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
- Nunburnholme Leisure Limited v Matthew Clark Wholesale Limited – advised on an application to set aside default judgment, restitutionary relief and settlement.