PSQB has the largest specialist team of Housing Barristers on the north eastern circuit.
The team is widely regarded as pre-eminent in its field undertaking a wide range of work at all levels of experience, acting for both public and private landlords as well as tenants, applicants and other occupiers of housing.
The team advises on contentious and non-contentious matters and appears in all levels of court across areas as diverse as:
- Anti-social behaviour (including ASBOs, injunctions, committals, possession claims and closure orders)
- Claims for possession
- Unlawful eviction and harassment
- Housing rights affecting those with capacity and mental health issues and physical disability
- Prosecuting and Defending criminal proceedings including appeals under housing legislation
- Service charge disputes
- Human Rights
- Introductory and demoted tenancies
- Judicial Review proceedings relating to housing and social welfare issues
- Policy advice – including advising and drafting of policies for local housing authorities and registered providers of social housing on the lawfulness of their allocation policies
We are active members of the Yorkshire Housing Law Practitioners’ Association (visit www.hlpa.org.uk ). This well regarded local association meets regularly providing training and good practice guidance in the fields of housing, homelessness, residential property and community care law.