David’s extensive well-developed practice focuses exclusively on crime. With over 40 years experience both prosecuting and defending in all areas of Criminal Law, he is a highly respected member of the Bar. David is regularly instructed on serious and complex cases involving substantial drugs seizures, sexual offences and serious violence.
David is renowned amongst peers and clients for his down-to-earth manner, his fearless and tenacious style of advocacy and his excellent client care. He is a Level 4 prosecutor and a member of the Rape Panel.
David has represented medical professionals at disciplinary tribunals, as well as many other professionals and sportspeople. He is experienced at inquests and all regulatory work.
Areas of Expertise
- Murder, manslaughter and other violent crime
- Death by dangerous driving
- Sexual Offences
- Major Fraud
- Drugs Offences
- Disciplinary Tribunal
- Operation Home – Acted for Prosecution in multi handed conspiracy to supply Class A drugs across Yorkshire.
- R -v- Gillett – Acted for Defence in multi handed conspiracy to defraud case.
- R v B – Acting for Defence in multi handed rape and child sexual exploitation case.
- R v H – Acted for Defence in multi handed rape and people trafficking of young victims.
- R v S – Acted for Prosecution – charges of historical rape.
- R -v- M – Acted for Prosecution – charges of sexual activity with a child family member.
- R v Gray – Acted for Prosecution in murder case where defendant charged with murder of a mum of 2.
- R v Abbas – Acted for Defence in S18 wounding where defendant charged with attacking and driving a car over the victim.
- R -v- Powers – Hull Crown Court – Section 18 wounding on defendant’s 2-month old daughter
- R v A Company – Ongoing Inquest matter. Death of a 6 year old on allegations of a faulty installation of an electric gate.
- R v A – Acted for Defence in multi handed violent disorder concerning members of the BNP and the local community. Defendant acquitted after trial.
- R -v- Woodrow – Acted for Defence in causing death by dangerous driving in case where a farmer was killed by an out of control crane. Defendant acquitted after trial.
- R -v- Harvey – Acted for prosecution in death by careless driving case.
David regularly lectures on all matters relating to criminal law, evidence and procedure.
In his spare time, David is a keen fan of amateur rugby and is currently the Disciplinary Officer at Morley Rugby Club. David also enjoys cooking and spending time with his family.