Timothy Jacobs is an advocate with considerable experience in a broad range of criminal work including sexual offences, financial crime and offences of serious violence. He has experience of dealing with young and vulnerable defendants and witnesses including cases dealt with under the s28 procedures.
As a former solicitor and partner in a large Leeds criminal practice he has first-hand experience of dealing with cases from first arrest and interview at the police station through all levels of court proceedings from the Magistrates’ and Youth Courts up to and including successful appearances before the Court of Appeal. Timothy’s work has been mainly defence-focussed but has also included prosecutions on behalf of West Yorkshire Trading Standards and Leeds City Council.
- R v JB (2018) – Defended a man with mental health problems accused of attempted murder in a knife attack.
- R v NA (2018) – Defended in a case involving deliberate wounding with a vehicle and professional drug dealing. Case subject of an A-G’s reference.
- R v LS (2018) – Defence of an elderly man accused of rape and sexual assault.
- R v VB (2017) – Defended a vulnerable woman charged with assisting an offender in a case of murder.
- R v TW (2017) – led junior in a case of murder involving firearms.
- R v SB (2016) – Defence of a woman with mental health problems accused of wounding and false imprisonment. Sentence successfully appealed to the Court of Appeal.
- R v HO (2016) – Defence in a case of professional, high-value credit card fraud.
- R v MR (2016) – Defended in a case of nationwide drugs supply conspiracy.
Contact Timothy’s clerks